Tired of running/walking on the road? Not a “runner” but want to be?
Join us on an adventure in the woods to sweat out the stress of everyday life and be surrounded by nature, fresh air and great company! If you have never tried trail running or are looking for others to run the trails with, this is the class for you. NO EXPERIENCE trail running needed and open to ALL levels.
As long as you can run/walk a minimum of 3km (walks in between is fine) on the road, this is a perfect fit. Are you able to run more then that? The class is still for you. We break up into groups and navigate our way through the woods using each other and of course shear determination. Quite often, we walk the hills as it gives you an entirely different workout on your legs. Don’t fret – we will show you! You do not need to be a “runner” to be part of this group. Stop thinking – just come! Our goal is to enjoy – not to accomplish.
Your level and your energy you have on that given day dictate how much you want to push with the key goal of learning to ENJOY running not feel torture. BEGINNERS to the trails and LIGHT runners WELCOME and ENCOURAGED!
SPRING 2018 SESSION:
**SLIGHT CHANGE OF SCHEDULE DUE TO WEATHER**We are back for a spring trail session and ready for an adventure! Continued from last fall is a morning class for those able to get up and get it done earlier!
Classes: Tuesday 9:30 am – 10:30 am May 22nd – June 26th (6 weeks) OR
Tuesday 6:15pm – 7:15pm May 22nd – June 26th (6weeks)
Location: Horseshoe Valley Area (various locations)
Format: 40 minute walk/jog then 15 minute core/stretch
Bring: water, running sneakers and yoga mat
Instructors: Virginia Gingras and Andrea Quinn
Register: Click Here
Cost: $50 for 6 week session (one class per week)
- 3 – 7 km trail running loops on various single track terrain, building each week
- Two groups: Group A (walk/jog – plus walk all hills) and Group B (jog – walking all hills).
- Main focus will be on learning the trails, being outside, sweating to our comfort level and ENJOYING it (yes – we promise you will enjoy – not torture).
- Every 2 weeks we will do a different trail and participants will receive a map of all 3 trails/routes completed over the 5 week session
- As long as you can jog for 20 minutes (with occasional walking) – this class is for you!
- Focus is on social runs and learning trails – not speed. In the trails, there are many points where we will walk due to the changing terrain allowing us to regroup.
- You will need regular running sneakers, water, a watch, yoga mat and a positive attitude.