Summer Forest Hike Class
Looking to get out into the woods for a beautiful hike to explore Horseshoe Valley area?
Join Jenna LaMantia for a beautiful hike in the forest to unwind and decompress from your hectic busy lifestyles. This hike is for all levels and ages. We divide into groups based on needs and pace which will allow everyone the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of this area in a safe setting. This 8 week session can be drop-in or packaged classes. You chose what Friday’s you want!
Can you can walk 3-4 km? If so, then this class is for you! We build each week and always keep a comfortable pace that suits your individual needs.
BEGINNER hikers WELCOME and ENCOURAGED!
Date: Starts Friday, July 5th – Friday August 23rd, 2019
Time: 9am – 10 am
- 50 minute Hike or Gentle Hike/Walk (All Levels, All Ages)
- 10 minute warm up and cool down
- Trails are carefully picked each week to ensure a suitable terrain and distance. Group will divide into groups based on speeds to accommodate all levels.
Location: Horseshoe Valley (various locations)
Format: 5 minute warmup/50 minute hike/5 minute cool down & stretch
Bring: water, running sneakers and water
Instructor: Jenna LaMantia (Bachelor of Kinesiology, University of Windsor & Post Graduate Diploma in Therapeutic Recreation, Georgian College)
Register: CLICK HERE
Cost: $8 per class if you purchase 4 or more weeks (you chose the dates) OR $10 drop-in. Simply, email Jenna the week that you are planning to come!
Please note: The class packages of 4 or more are non-refundable if you do not use them.You can choose any week you would like to use your class pass, but if the summer is over and you have not used them all, there are no refunds.
- 2-4km trail walking loops on various single-track terrain, building each week.
- Our focus will be on learning the trails, being outside, sweating to our comfort level, socializing and enjoying ourselves.
- Every week we will learn and enjoy a different trail and have some maps available for you to learn the area.
- Focus is on social hikes and learning trails – not speed.
- You will need regular running sneakers, water, a watch, and a positive attitude.
MESSAGE FROM THE INSTRUCTOR:
I am a passionate, caring individual with ten years experience in clinical and community settings working with clients of all ages. For the past several years, I have worked with seniors in the community, where I plan and implement programming to optimize clients’ quality of life and well-being.
Outside of work, I feel so fortunate to call the Horseshoe Valley area home. Myself, along with my husband and energetic dog Tonto, spend much of our time hiking, biking, and running in the beautiful surrounding trails. I am beyond thrilled to have the opportunity to share my love of the outdoors and help others explore our one of a kind trail system in the area.
I look forward to spending the next four weeks with you, exploring the beauty around us!