Forest Hike Class (one for seniors too!)
Looking to get out into the woods for a beautiful hike to explore Horseshoe Valley area?
Join Jenna LaMantia for a beautiful hike in the forest to unwind and decompress from your hectic busy lifestyles. Two classes will be offered: Forest Hike and Forest Seniors Hike which will allow everyone the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of this area in a safe setting at their own pace. Come alone or with a friend for this 4 week class.
Can you can walk 1-3km? If so, then this class is for you! We build each week and always keep a comfortable pace that suits your individual needs.
BEGINNER hikers WELCOME and ENCOURAGED!
Date: Friday, May 31st – June 21st (4 weeks)
- FOREST HIKE: 9:30am – 10:30am Hike or Power Hike (various paces and all levels welcome)
- FOREST SENIORS HIKE: 10:45am – 11:45am Gentle Hike/Walk with suitable flatter terrain. You don’t have to be a senior 🙂 just want a softer terrain and comfy pace.
Location: Horseshoe Valley (various locations)
Format: 5 minute warmup/45 minute hike/5 minute cool down & stretch
Bring: water, running sneakers and water
Instructor: Jenna LaMantia (Bachelor of Kinesiology, University of Windsor & Post Graduate Diploma in Therapeutic Recreation, Georgian College)
Register: CLICK HERE
Cost: $35 (includes HST)
- 1-3km trail walking loops on various single-track terrain, building each week.
- Our focus will be on learning the trails, being outside, sweating to our comfort level, socializing and enjoying ourselves.
- Every week we will learn and enjoy a different trail and have some maps available for you to learn the area.
- Focus is on social hikes and learning trails – not speed.
- You will need regular running sneakers, water, a watch, and a positive attitude.
MESSAGE FROM THE INSTRUCTOR:
I am a passionate, caring individual with ten years experience in clinical and community settings working with clients of all ages. For the past several years, I have worked with seniors in the community, where I plan and implement programming to optimize clients’ quality of life and well-being.
Outside of work, I feel so fortunate to call the Horseshoe Valley area home. Myself, along with my husband and energetic dog Tonto, spend much of our time hiking, biking, and running in the beautiful surrounding trails. I am beyond thrilled to have the opportunity to share my love of the outdoors and help others explore our one of a kind trail system in the area.
I look forward to spending the next four weeks with you, exploring the beauty around us!