Trail Run or Trail Hike
FALL 2023 TRAIL RUN OR TRAIL HIKE
DATE: Tuesday’s (Sept 12th – October 17th, 2023
TIME: 6:00 – 7:00pm
COST: $85 + hst
Given space is limited, there are no credits/transfers or make-ups for classes missed. Thank you for your understanding.
CLASS OPTIONS: both are from same location each night
- Trail Run or run/walk (Tuesday evening 6pm – 7pm)
- Trail Hike (Tuesday evening 6pm – 7pm)
FORMAT FOR TRAIL RUNNING CLASS (or walk/run)
- 50 minute walk/jog then 10 minute stretch/cool down
- No need to worry about your speed. The class will divide into 3 groups with various distances (2.5km – 6km options) and speeds.
- As long as you can run/walk a minimum of 3km (walks in between is fine) on the road, this is a perfect fit.
- Three groups: Group A (walk/jog – plus walk all hills), Group B (jog – walking all hills) & Group C (advanced group – running the entire trail and longer distance.
- Don’t fret – we will show you! Interested in starting to run? This class is for you too. Stop thinking – just come! Our goal is to enjoy – not to accomplish.
FORMAT FOR TRAIL HIKE CLASS:
- Hike at your pace for 50 minutes with warm up and cool down.
- Hiking with the focus of getting your heart rate up and moving your body at a comfortable but challenging pace. The class will divide into 2 groups to accommodate various speeds and will cover 3 – 4km each week. All levels welcome. At your own pace – always!
LOCATION: Horseshoe Valley Area
INSTRUCTORS: Virginia, Erin and Kelley (with many other helpers!)
BEGINNERS to the trails and LIGHT runners or hikers WELCOME and ENCOURAGED!