Trail Run or Hike Class
FINALLY. Trail Run Class and Trail Hike Class is BACK.
Want to learn and explore some amazing trails in our area?
Social. Fun. Your pace.
Join us on an adventure in the woods to sweat out the stress of everyday life and be surrounded by nature, fresh air and great company! All paces welcome and encouraged so do not let your fears stop you! Come. Join us. Just do it!
We offer 8 week sessions and special “once a month” Adventure Hikes. For the session, there are two different types of classes to accommodate both runners and hikers.
- Trail Running Class (or run/walk – all paces)
- Trail Hike Class (all paces)
SPRING 2022 TRAIL RUNNING and HIKING SESSION:
The following are the classes available which run for 8 weeks every Thursday from May 5th to June 23rd, 2022.
- Trail Running Class (or run/walk): Thursday May 5th – June 23rd, 2022 from 6 – 7:00pm
- Trail Hike Class: Thursday May 5th – June 23rd, 2022 from 6 – 7:00 pm
- Trail Gentle Hike Noon Class: Thursday May 5th – June 23rd, 2022 from noon – 1pm
FORMAT FOR TRAIL RUNNING CLASS (or walk/run)
- 50 minute walk/jog then 10 minute stretch/cool down
- No need to worry about your speed. The class will divide into 3 groups with various distances (2.5km – 6km options) and speeds.
- As long as you can run/walk a minimum of 3km (walks in between is fine) on the road, this is a perfect fit.
- Three groups: Group A (walk/jog – plus walk all hills), Group B (jog – walking all hills) & Group C (advanced group – running the entire trail and longer distance.
- Don’t fret – we will show you! Interested in starting to run? This class is for you too. Stop thinking – just come! Our goal is to enjoy – not to accomplish. Not interested in running at all? Check out the hiking classes below!
- Virginia Gingras and Erin Jennings will be the instructors.
FORMAT FOR TRAIL HIKE CLASS:
- Hike at your pace for 50 minutes with warm up and cool down.
- Hiking with the focus of getting your heart rate up and moving your body at a comfortable but challenging pace. The class will divide into 2 groups to accommodate various speeds and will cover 3 – 4km each week. All levels welcome. At your own pace – always!
COST: $106.50 includes hst (Total = $120). Please note, regardless of how many classes you miss or can not make, the price remains the same as we are limited in our numbers.
LOCATION: Horseshoe Valley Area (various locations)
INSTRUCTORS: Virginia & Erin
REGISTER: Click Here
WAIVER: You will be sent a waiver that will need to be signed and returned the night of the first class.
- 2.5 – 6 km trail running loops on various single track terrain, building each week depending on class
- Main focus will be on learning the trails, being outside, sweating to our comfort level and ENJOYING it (yes – we promise you will enjoy – not torture). Your level and your energy you have on that given day dictate how much you want to push with the key goal of learning to ENJOY running not feel torture.
- Every week we will do a different trail and participants will receive a map of all trails/routes completed over the 6 week session.
- You will need regular running sneakers, water, a watch, yoga mat and a positive attitude.
BEGINNERS to the trails and LIGHT runners or hikers WELCOME and ENCOURAGED!
- This course will follow all rules set up by the Ontario government.
- Proper distance between runners will be mandatory
- No sharing of equipment, water or materials of any kind